- Bent Arm Rows (back)
- Pulley Rows (back)
- Laying Squat Press (Quads)
- Lunges with Bicep Curls ( Biceps, Quads)
- Bosu Squats ( I did 3 sets of 12, Quads )
- Jillian Style Walking Push Ups ( Biceps, Chest, Abs)
- Ab work ( Jillian style plank raises, Inverted Bench Crunches).
My leg truly feels fine today but I didn’t want to jinx it. I wanted to focus on strength training because since starting the gym and before that participating in The 30 Day Shred, I have cut back drastically on the resistance training I used to be regularly doing!
I was going to do a yoga class at the gym but they didn’t have any until 4 pm so I did Detox Flow from yogadownload.com. when I got home.
Elliptical before and after strength- total time 45 minutes.
I have a walk planned later with Andrea (and hopefully all week!)
I also took Jack for a short walk to show him how much I love him even if I don’t let him up on our furniture and sneeze when I pet him.
Today’s class was “new” information but review for me! Metabolism of Bacteria vs. Eucaryotes ( animals, etc.) the first three steps we went over are basically the same as eucaryotes ( Glycolysis, Kreb’s cycle, and Electron Transport Chain- all of which I have already memorized from my grad course in Advanced Nutrient Metabolism! ) So it was a much easier class than I thought!
Hmm. I have been setting informal goals for myself, nothing set in stone but I will share that I am trying to :
- Walk More Often ( including walking Jack, but also walking myself because it is an enjoyable, healthy, fun, relaxing, and FREE activity!)
- Drink More Water ( a healthier beverage that I never seem to drink enough of!)
- Eat less meat. I have always really liked meat, mainly because it can be a lean source of protein and B-vitamins, and just taste in general. I am trying to make more of an effort to eat vegetarian style meals and not rely on so much meat for protein.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables- I know, I already consume lots. I have been trying to increase my intake of these for awhile. My point of this is to keep having fruit and veggies as additional snacks and sides instead of starchier more refined processed things.
Jeff and I have been so busy recently that we haven’t talked much about the fact that we are engaged and getting married aside from the “hi fiance, hi future husband, lets go see my future brother in law.. ” etc. talk that seems to come in so handy now that I have a ring on my left hand ring finger!!
- We are heading out to see my parents and check out possible wedding venues in the Outer Banks this weekend.
- So far, our top three locations include:
- Wild Dunes Resort, South Carolina
- Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
- Outer Banks, North Carolina
- This weekend will be fun to visit ( my parents) Jeff’s future -in-laws because we haven’t seen them since pre-engagement AND we will get to be at the beach for the first time this summer AND we can scope out /rule out /fall in love with some venues out there!
That’s it for now ya’ll. Food will be up later!